I’ve had my problems with blogspirit‘s so-so service before. They suffered DDOS attacks without notifying bloggers in a timely manner. Gravatars never worked. Comments and templates have been broken. The support blog is a joke, as is the pay-based help center.
I wrote a ticket because of massive trackback spam that blogspirit lets through, even when I turn off trackbacks on old posts, and the next day I find that the problem is now worse then ever.
- The support ticket I had is now gone. Not just “closed.” But gone, with no record.
- I am no longer getting notification of new comments.
- All of my posts are signed by “Aaron,” even though I am writing them under my login name
- I’m still getting trackbrack spam
- Real trackbacks, like from Coming Anarchy, don’t get through.
For the mean-time I’ve turned off guest authoring, delete the spam trackbacks manually, and boil in my own anger.