During the immigration debate, the Republican netroots would say “amnesty!” as if that ends the discussion.
TM Lutas was a voice in the wilderness, however, shouting the real points that the Sean Hannitys of America were ducking:
- The point below which you are being inhumane by splitting up families or preventing their formation
- The point below which you are impeding economic growth by favoring labor over capital so high wages choke growth
- The point below which you start to get cultural stagnation due to cultural insularity
- The point below which you are turning away great political assets to the nation
- The point above which you are favoring capital over labor by crashing wages and destroying bargaining power
- The point above which you lose cultural solidarity and cohesion
- The point above which you lose political stability
- The point above which you lose military control and eventually territorial control
Talk radio and the netroot bloggers would have done better if they would have addressed the real questions, instead of shouting “amnesty.” But why should we expect anything but their usual brilliance when it comes to families who will take generations to assimilate (you know, just like everyone else)?