5GW: The Fifth Generation of War? will be an edited volume of perspectives on “5GW,” one of the most controversial subjects in defense and security studies. 5GW: The Fifth Generation of War? will be published by Nimble Books, which is currently overseeing the release of the “Age of Obama” series of works associated with the inauguration of our 44th President. (Books in the “Age of Obama” series include A Reporter’s Journey with Clinton, McCain and Obama in The Making of the President, 2008, Obama Does Globalization, and Persuader in Chief: Global Opinion and Public Diplomacy in the Age of Obama. )
5GW: The Fifth Generation of War? will be on sale by June.
The provisional Table of Contents is as follows:
- Aherring: Why do we need 5GW?
- David Axe: 5GW in Africa
- Adam Elkus: Killing 5GW in Order to Save It: Reinterpreting 5GW Theory
- Joseph Fouche: Is 5GW the End of the Rainbow?
- Brent Grace: Reshaping the Battlspace: Using 5GW to Combat Urban Gangs
- Lexington Green: 5GW: A Value-Destroying Formulation of Contemporary and Future Problems
- Samuel Liles: Cyber warfare to cyber terrain
- Dan McIntosh: Transhumanist Politics and 5GW / How does 5GW differ from normal politics?
- Stephen Pampinella: 5GW and Social Constructivism: Contemporary War as Identity Manipulation
- Purpleslog: Patterns of 5GW
- Seerov: Spatial Considerations of 5GW
- Joe Sherrer: Generalizing Generational Warfare
Additional authors who have expressed interest in submitting chapters include:
- Jay, of Soob,
- Mark Safranski, of Zenpundit, and
- Francis Younghusband, of Coming Anarchy
NImble Books has also published my monography, Revolutionary Strategies in Early Christianity, and the edited volume of the John Boyd Roundtable (which contains a forward by Thomas Barnett, of Great Powers fame).