While reading more about education reform, I came across this post by my friend Mark — “Two Links on Political Economy” — that in term referenced to articles by John Robb, “BOW-TIE CONTROL SYSTEMS,” and “JOURNAL: Global Financial Cancer. While John’s rhetoric is typically melodramatic, he uses the terms “bow-tie” and platform” to refer to what I’ve called a “bank” and a “central actor.” I like the term “platform,”so I went back to understand where else I’ve used the idea on the blog.
Under the Term “Central Actor”
- The Encirclement of a United Front
- The Bank of the Federal-Academic Complex
- How to Be a Central Actor in the Education Debate
- Review of â€œThe Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger,â€ by Marc Levinson
- Review of â€œNatureâ€™s Metropolis: Chicago and the Great West,â€ by William Cronon
Referencing Other Writers